Friday 4 November 2011

Progression/Regression

Watching the news about the Eurozone hasn't completely concerned me until now. Not to say I haven't been worried or thought that these are bad economic times, as they obviously are. But I've distanced myself, I mean, what can I do but just carry on?

It then hit me. There we are, nations with so much progression - we don't live in the Dark Ages, we've got computers to do everything and Apps for everything, we even have brand new recycling bins on station platforms (see-through mind you) for our commuter papers. And still. Still something is missing from our lives.

Democracy is a strong word, but do we really have it? - I'm not suggesting a military government, dictatorship or communist state is better, but we're all supposed to have our say. Decisions are meant to be made by ones who represent us, but really, do they understand what's actually going on?

Look at Greece, people are desperate and the government has got them into an impossible situation. As always, the lowly worker is made paid for the mistakes of those in greater power.

I don't know the answer, but honestly neither do the politicians. The Eurozone leaders have to treat the Greek PM like a little child, who can't have his pocket money until he takes proper responsibility. We can't say that this is the best situation the world has been in in history because when we take 2 steps forward in technology and science, we take 2 back with the dreadful financial and economical situation of instability.

I think I would rather live in a much more simple society, if it meant I didn't have my life up in the air. The worst part is we'll never get it back, because everyone is obsessed with possessions, we're past the point of no return.

But who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment